Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Markus A. Reuter is the Director of Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Germany since 2015. He is Honorary Professor, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany (since 2015) and Adjunct Professor Curtin University, Australia (since 2018).
His previous positions (professorships co-current with industry) are:
- Chief Technology Officer Ausmelt Australia & Director Technology Management Outotec Australia and Finland (2006-2015)
- Professor at TU Delft, The Netherlands (1996-2005)
- Professor & Prof Fellow Uni Melbourne, Australia (UoM) (2005-2018)
- Adj. Prof at Aalto University, Finland (Aalto) (2012-2017)
- Guest Prof at Central South University, China (2012-2017)
- Leader Furnace Control Group, Mintek: South Africa (1994-1996)
- Process Metallurgist, Anglo American Corp: South Africa (1984-1985).
His scientific degrees are:
- PhD Stellenbosch University, South Africa (1991)
- Dr. habil. RWTH Aachen, Germany (1995)
- DEng Stellenbosch University, South Africa (2006).
Recent research topics:
- Process metallurgy
- Product and process design
- Circular Economy.
Recent awards, honors:
- EPD Luncheon Lecture TMS 2020 San Diego (2020)
- Honorary Doctorate University of Stellenbosch, South Africa (2017)
- Honorary Doctorate University of Liège, Belgium (2015)
- EPD Distinguished Lecture Award TMS www.tms.org (2016)
- EPD Science Award www.tms.org (2014)
- Outotec Technology Award (2013).